I received a reminder in the mail for an upcoming dentist appointment. I, like most people, dread going to the dentist. Thankfully I have been given strong teeth genes, allowing me to have never experienced the joy of a cavity… Knock on wood.
For me going to the dentist happens every 6 months for the semiannual cleaning and check up. This leads to the the typical conversation with the dental hygienist of what’s new with life. I found myself doing a bit of reflecting in anticipation. A lot has been happening these past couple of 6 month periods, while at the same time in the middle of a typical week with in one of those 6 month periods it doesn’t feel like much has happened.
Looking back on this particular 6 month period I’ve:
- Taken weekend trip to Vancouver BC
- Passed the PE Exam
- I’ve traveled back to Texas to be in a friend’s wedding
- Took a trip around the Olympic Peninsula
- Gone camping with friends in the National Forest
- Saw the Dave Matthews Band at The Gorge
- Decided to enroll in the University of Washington Commercial Real Estate Certificate Program
- Played in a Putts & Pints mini golf league (& since shown serious improvement in my short game)
- Watched the Rat City Roller Girls kick butt in Roller Derby (A 1st)
- Spent a weekend at Lake Chelan
- Been to a few roof top BBQ’s with friends
- Hiked Lake Serene
- Went to a few Mariner’s Games & a Sounders Game
- Had engagement photos taken
Wow, looking back a ton has happened these past 6 months, I’ve been busy. Isn’t it weird having done all that I have, on a typical rainy Tuesday in Seattle I can feel like I haven’t been up to much? Thanks Google Calendar for the reminder.
How do I choose what to tell the dental hygienist about?